During this pandemic period, many are coping as best as they can in the midst of many other life issues they already have. There could be signs of individuals’ over-stretched resources to cope.
• How do we support each other as a community?
• How do we be on the lookout for possible signs of distress or even suicidal behaviour in people around us – near or even not-so-near – virtually?
• What do we do? What do we say? What do we NOT say?
Upon competition of the course, you will be able to:
• Identify warning signs of distress/suicidal risks – Verbal and non-verbal
• Explain the steps to reach out to give support and help
• Apply empathetic listening skills to:
- reach out & build rapport
- help calm distressing emotions
- get further help for the individual
WONG LAI CHUN (MSc, BA, DIP TM, Cert Counselling) was the Senior Assistant Director of Samaritans of Singapore (SOS) – a 24 hour hotline suicide prevention centre and the author of the book published in 2019 – ‘Do I Matter’. She is also a Certified Behavioural Consultant and Life Coach. (Institute of Motivational Living Inc (USA) American University of NLP)
She has many years of experience training locally and internationally and speaks at international conferences and company-wide events, as well as on radio and TV programmes.
NSA Subsidised Price (inclusive of GST):
Non-Subsidised Price (inclusive of GST):
Date & Time Available:
20 Nov 2020 | 9am - 1 pm
27 Nov 2020 | 9am - 1 pm
11 Dec 2020 | 9am - 1 pm
18 Dec 2020 | 9am - 1 pm
15 Jan 2021 | 9am - 1 pm
22 Jan 2021 | 9am - 1 pm
19 Feb 2021 | 9am - 1 pm
26 Feb 2021 | 9am - 1 pm
12 Mar 2021 | 9am - 1 pm
19 Mar 2021 | 9am - 1 pm
Peninsula Plaza Level 6 #06-33
|Download Registration Form|