- 0 (Registered)
An Introduction to Cultural Intelligence (CQ)
The objective of this workshop is to help participants to work effectively in multicultural situations (diverse colleagues, supplies, customers, etc.) and improve group and/or organizational effectiveness. This workshop is designed to inspire participants to see the relevance of cultural intelligence (CQ) to their lives and work and to provide a brief introduction to the CQ model. It also provides participants with a working understanding of CQ and to explain its practical relevance to life and work.
The course is underpinned by research-based models and tools in the area of intercultural learning focused on helping to cultivate positive attitudes towards other cultures. It will also allow participants to be engaged with various experiential learning activities such as group dynamics, role plays, and the opportunity to analyse critical incidents that challenge behaviour or assumptions. Local case studies will be utilized to illustrate the concepts of diversity and unity within Singapore.
Learning Outcomes – You will be able to:
- Understand cultural intelligence (CQ) and its importance in a diverse community.
- Develop an awareness of self while understanding others different from us, from a cultural perspective.
- Understand how cultural values might underlie different behaviours and develop strategies to overcome cultural clashes.
- Adopt and consciously practise cross-cultural competency kills, techniques, attitudes and behaviors to create an atmosphere or trust and respect.
- Promote the value of diversity through a discovery of the proven benefits of multicultural society.
Course Details. (Course will be conducted in English)
|Dates/Time||Run 1: 21 March 2020 (9.00am to 5.30pm)
Run 2: 20 June 2020 (9.00am to 5.30pm)
|Venue||Peninsula Plaza, level 6 (Room TBC)|
|Duration||7 hours (over a 1 day session)|
$262.15 (After VCF funding) For Singaporean & PR
$278.05 (After VCF funding) For Work Permit (WP) / Employment Pass (EP) holders
Ms Keng Keng TAN, founder and managing director of TransCultural Group Pte Ltd is a certified advanced CQ facilitator by the Cultural Intelligence Center, LLC USA, and advanced trainer and facilitator of “CultureActive” Profile Assessment tool by Richard Lewis communications, UK.
Ms Karishma Ramchandani is an Associate Trainer and Consultant of Yzer Solutions Pte Ltd. She has been teaching, training, coaching and consulting for 10 years and is based in Singapore. Her participants find her training style approachable, and her sessions engaging and thought-provoking.
Download Registration Form: Click Here
Download Course Flyer: Click Here
Curriculum is empty