Learning to Serve Better
To be the learning institute:
- To provide the opportunity to enhance skills and serve the community better.
- To promote lifelong friendship, excellence in vocation and sustainable service, these being the inherited culture of Rotary.
- To offer innovative courses to the social service community, corporations, students and the public.
- To empower and enhance participants’ skills to serve the community.
- To organize events and conferences with the aim of raising the importance of Rotary values.
- To support social and humanitarian causes through surpluses achieved from its work.
About Foundation of Rotary Clubs (Singapore) Ltd
Impacting Every Family and Individual in Need through our Ideal of Service Above Self
RLIS is a division of the Foundation of Rotary Clubs (Singapore) Limited that enjoys an Institution of a Public Character (IPC). Its Board of Director consists of representatives from all Rotary Clubs in Singapore. We work with and provide support to Rotary Clubs and Rotarians in the avenues of Community, Humanitarian and Educational service in our island Republic.
We are supported by voluntary contributions from Rotarians and friends who share our vision of improving health, supporting education and alleviating poverty. By actively contributing their free-time and providing financial resources, Rotarians and their Rotary Clubs in Singapore contribute significantly to projects such as:
- Meals from the Heart
- Avoidable Blindness
- Elder Care
- My wish
- Pocket Money Fund
- Kids Read Program
- Food Vouchers for the Needy
We constantly upgrade and introduce new programs as we assess the needs of the community at large. In past years, Rotary in Singapore had played a major and significant role in the establishment of The Singapore Anti-Tuberculosis Association, Singapore Anti-Narcotic Association among others.